School Social Worker Appreciation
March 7th – 13, 2021, marks the annual appreciation for School Social Workers. The national theme this year is “Beacon of Hope: School Social Workers – Lighting the Way”.
This is a perfect description of every single one of our SSWs in the Columbia County School District. They are critical to the success of many of our students. These professionals work tirelessly day in and day out to provide resources and a sense of hope to families across our district. Each year, staff, parents, and students attribute their well-being to the care and commitment of one or more CCSD School Social Workers. Join the CCSD in thanking each of them throughout the month of March!
Below you will find SSW Spotlights, a brief bio on each of the eight School Social Workers who work tirelessly for the wellbeing of students and families in the Columbia County School District and beyond!
Demetria L. Johnson
- Living out a personal call to be a servant leader and stand in the gap for those in need
- Advocating for equity, challenging old perspectives, and getting in good trouble :)
- Being a hope-dealer :)
- Changing outcomes for the better for students
- Partnering with and supporting the amazing work of our teachers, counselors, and administrators by removing obstacles to learning and growth
- Helping build up families (and better futures!) by building relationships with our families and supportive community agencies
- Learning more every day from the families I serve
J. Rochelle Brown, LCSW