Welcome to the Columbia County School District!
Proofs of Residency
Each year, all students must provide two Proofs of Residency. Residence shall be defined as the full-time primary residence of the child and the child’s parent or legal guardian. Residence shall be determined by objective evidence, including at least TWO of the following items:
- a valid Georgia driver’s license; OR voter’s registration card;
- current property tax receipt;
- power or gas bill (water bills cannot be accepted);
- home mortgage note;
- lease or rental agreement; and
- any other such objective evidence as will aid school employees to make a correct determination as to “residence”.
Required Documentation for New Student Registration (Including rising Kindergarteners)
- Child’s original, certified birth certificate, hospital-issued birth record, or passport
- Child’s official Social Security Card
- Child’s Georgia Certificate of Immunization - For a detailed list of required immunizations, click here.
- Child’s 4-Point Screening, which includes, Georgia Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening - For more information regarding this screening, click here.
- A report card or address and phone number from your child’s previous school is very helpful, but not required.
Which School Will My Children Attend?
Find your school zone at Find Your Bus Stop. To verify zoning information or for questions regarding new home construction or other zoning questions, please contact (706) 541-2704.
Please be aware that school district growth may require rezoning periodically. Realtors and leasing agents do not always have the most up-to-date information. To verify zoning, visit Find your Bus Stop or call the school district at 706-541-2704.
Kindergarten students must be five years old and first-grade students must be six years old on or before September 1 to enroll for school in the state of Georgia as outlined in Policy JBB.
Pre-K Registration is conducted separately. To learn more about Pre-K programs click HERE.