The Columbia County School District is dedicated to employing a substitute workforce capable of continuing the commitment to excellence and serving our students during times of employee absence.
The Columbia County School District is no longer accepting applicants for our substitute teaching program unless you are a certified teacher. For all non-certified teachers, we will begin taking applications again after July 1, 2021 for the 2021-2022 school year.
How to Become a Substitute Teacher/Paraprofessional and Minimum Requirements
- Email Sean Petro at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform him you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher/paraprofessional. If you are a certified teacher, please attach a copy of your certificate to the email of interest.
- Candidate must possess at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Evidence of being at least 21 years of age.
- Must consent to a background check.
- Complete an application for employment HERE.
- Completion of the STEDI SubSkills Training Course ($39.95 fee) with a composite passing score of 85%. STEDI Sub Diploma MUST be uploaded to your application. If you have a valid current or expired teaching certificate, you are EXEMPT from taking the online Substitute Training Course; however, you MUST upload a copy of your valid current or expired teaching certificate to your application.
- Click www.stedi.org and choose "SHOP" at the top of the screen.
- Select your SubSkills training option, and Add to Cart. (The Columbia County School District requires a "Sub Diploma" with a passing score of 85% from Basic Option A or Basic Option B.)
- Proceed to Checkout.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions or issues you may have regarding the course or registration.
- Once you have completed the STEDI SubSkills training course email Sean Petro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your application will be reviewed, and, if you are selected for hire, you will be invited to attend a substitute orientation and on-boarding session.