The Columbia County School District is dedicated to employing a substitute workforce capable of continuing the commitment to excellence and serving our students during times of employee absence.
How to Become a Substitute Teacher/Paraprofessional and Minimum Requirements
- Email Sean Petro at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform him you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher/paraprofessional. If you are a certified teacher, please attach a copy of your certificate to the email of interest.
- Candidate must possess at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Evidence of being at least 21 years of age.
- Must consent to a background check.
- Complete an application for employment HERE.
- Completion of the STEDI SubSkills Training Course ($39.95 fee) with a composite passing score of 85%. STEDI Sub Diploma MUST be uploaded to your application. If you have a valid current or expired teaching certificate, you are EXEMPT from taking the online Substitute Training Course; however, you MUST upload a copy of your valid current or expired teaching certificate to your application.
- Click www.stedi.org and choose "SHOP" at the top of the screen.
- Select your SubSkills training option, and Add to Cart. (The Columbia County School District requires a "Sub Diploma" with a passing score of 85% from Basic Option A or Basic Option B.)
- Proceed to Checkout.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions or issues you may have regarding the course or registration.
- Once you have completed the STEDI SubSkills training course email Sean Petro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your application will be reviewed, and, if you are selected for hire, you will be invited to attend a substitute orientation and on-boarding session.