The Columbia County School District is dedicated to employing a substitute workforce capable of continuing the commitment to excellence and serving our students during times of employee absence.
AT THIS TIME, WE ARE ACCEPTING SUBSTITUTE TEACHER APPLICATIONS FROM CERTIFIED TEACHERS AND PARAPROFESSIONALS ONLY.
We will begin accepting non-certified substitute teacher applications again on July 1, 2023.
How to Become a Substitute Teacher/Paraprofessional and Minimum Requirements
- Email Sean Petro at [email protected] to inform him you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher/paraprofessional. If you are a certified teacher, please attach a copy of your certificate to the email of interest.
- Candidate must possess at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Evidence of being at least 21 years of age.
- Must consent to a background check.
- Complete an application for employment HERE.
- Completion of the STEDI SubSkills Training Course ($39.95 fee) with a composite passing score of 85%. STEDI Sub Diploma MUST be uploaded to your application. If you have a valid current or expired teaching certificate, you are EXEMPT from taking the online Substitute Training Course; however, you MUST upload a copy of your valid current or expired teaching certificate to your application. If you have a CURRENT state of GEORGIA paraprofessional certificate, you are also EXEMPT from taking the online course; please upload your certificate to your application.
- Click www.stedi.org and choose "SHOP" at the top of the screen.
- Select your SubSkills training option, and Add to Cart. (The Columbia County School District requires a "Sub Diploma" with a passing score of 85% from Basic Option A or Basic Option B.)
- Proceed to Checkout.
- Please contact [email protected] with any questions or issues you may have regarding the course or registration.
- Once you have completed the STEDI SubSkills training course email a copy of your sub skills diploma to Sean Petro at [email protected].
- Your application will be reviewed, and, if you are selected for hire, you will be invited to attend a substitute orientation and on-boarding session.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Sean Petro at [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in providing this service to our communities, our schools and our students.