March is National Nutrition Month!
For more information, visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics-Personalize Your Plate
Smart-Snacking Tips for Kids
National School Breakfast Week Newsletter
How we are keeping your kids safe and nourished
How We Are Keeping Your Kids Safe and Nourished
The safety and health of our students and employees is a top priority for the Columbia County School Nutrition Program. We follow strict food safety practices in our kitchens. All of our School Nutrition Managers are ServSafe certified and every staff member receives monthly as well as in-depth annual food safety and sanitation training. We currently have an average of a 100-A sanitation scores on all health inspections which are conducted at least twice a year.
We are committed to following current guidelines given by the Department of Health and the CDC when preparing and serving school meals. Here are some additional practices that we have put into place to ensure the safety of your child while they enjoy a nutritious meal with us.
- All students practice social distancing in the serving lines.
- All cafeterias have hand sanitizing stations.
- All grade levels will use individually wrapped utensil packages.
- While being mindful of the environment, all grade levels are using disposable trays/bags when students are eating in other locations than the cafeterias.
- Touch-less payment methods will be utilized for all students and staff.
- Self-service will be temporarily suspended.
- All CCSNP staff will wear gloves and a mask during work hours.
- Social distancing in regards to cafeteria tables will be implemented through spacing and clear plastic partitions.
We strongly encourage families to use the EZ School Pay online payment system to help us eliminate cash transactions when possible. The EZ School Pay mobile application can also be used.
Checks will be accepted at the line.