COVID-19 Response/Latest News
Recently the U.S. Department of Agriculture extended flexibility for school districts to continue offering meal service to children under the Seamless Summer Option. Accordingly, the Columbia County School District will begin providing free meals to all students beginning immediately through May, 2021.
This extension allows all children 0-18 years old to receive free meals during this time, regardless of their meal status. This applies to meals served to students when they are attending school in person and when they are participating in the Learn from Home option.
All money spent on meals at school since September 1, 2020, will be credited back to the students’ online accounts for later use. A la carte menu items will continue to be available for sale where offered. Students may access free meals as follows:
Learn from Home Model
Students who have opted for the Learn from Home model are allowed to participate in curbside meal pick-up free of charge at any Columbia County school between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at the High School locations only.
- Children are not required to be present at the time of curbside pick-up.
- Parents should monitor individual school websites for more details about each school’s meal pick-up process.
- Individuals should remain in their cars when picking up meals.
- Please note, parents will not be allowed in buildings to pick up meals.
Traditional In-Person Learning
- Students will go through the breakfast and lunch line as usual and have their student number scanned to allow Nutrition Services to track the meals served.
How we are keeping your kids safe and nourished
How We Are Keeping Your Kids Safe and Nourished
- All students practice social distancing in the serving lines.
- All cafeterias have hand sanitizing stations.
- All grade levels will use individually wrapped utensil packages.
- While being mindful of the environment, all grade levels are using disposable trays/bags when students are eating in other locations than the cafeterias.
- Touch-less payment methods will be utilized for all students and staff.
- Self-service will be temporarily suspended.
- All CCSNP staff will wear gloves and a mask during work hours.
- Social distancing in regards to cafeteria tables will be implemented.