CCSD Coronavirus Response
The Columbia County School District will continue to monitor community spread of COVID illnesses. If a student or staff member is experiencing COVID symptoms, they are encouraged to stay home and test for COVID.
- If positive, the individual is to isolate at home for 5 days. Day 1 is the first day of symptoms or the test date.
○ The individual may return to school on day 6 if they are fever-free for 24 hours and the COVID symptoms are improving.
○ It is recommended that a mask be worn for 5 additional days.
○ Five days will be excused (19P) for students with a positive COVID test.
- Exposure to a positive COVID case will not require quarantine. However, the individual needs to closely monitor for COVID symptoms. If symptoms occur, the individual should go home, get tested and report the finding to the school.