10-Year Building Program
The Columbia County School District presented a proposed 10-year building program during the Tuesday, August 23, 2022, Board of Education Work Session.
The district will hold a series of informational meetings, beginning next week, to gather public input and feedback on the proposed program.
The building program will enable the school district to accommodate continued growth projections while focusing on much-needed modernization and upgrades to existing facilities.
The 10-year building program aligns with the goal area of Facilities and Operational Excellence within the school district’s five-year Strategic Plan. One of the goal’s objectives - to identify and plan for upcoming facility needs – was recognized as a need by stakeholders during the Strategic Planning process.
The public are welcome and invited to attend any of the available presentations which will take place at the times and dates as follows:
- Evans High School Auditorium – 4550 Cox Rd., Evans, GA
- August 29, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
- Feeder schools: Brookwood Elementary, Evans Elementary, Martinez Elementary, Lewiston Elementary, Columbia Middle, Evans Middle, and Grovetown Middle
- Greenbrier High School Auditorium – 5114 Riverwood Parkway, Evans, GA
- August 30, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
- Feeder schools: Greenbrier Elementary, North Columbia Elementary, Parkway Elementary, River Ridge Elementary, Riverside Elementary, Greenbrier Middle, and Riverside Middle
- Grovetown High School Auditorium – 2010 Warrior Way, Grovetown, GA
- August 31, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
- Feeder schools: Baker Place Elementary, Brookwood Elementary, Cedar Ridge Elementary, Grovetown Elementary, Lewiston Elementary, Columbia Middle, and Grovetown Middle
- Harlem High School Auditorium – 1070 Appling Harlem Highway, Harlem, GA
- September 6, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
- Feeder schools: Euchee Creek Elementary, Grovetown Elementary, North Columbia Elementary, North Harlem Elementary, and Harlem Middle
- Lakeside High School Auditorium – 533 Blue Ridge Dr., Evans, GA
- September 7, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
- Feeder schools: Blue Ridge Elementary, Martinez Elementary, River Ridge Elementary, South Columbia Elementary, Stevens Creek Elementary, Lakeside Middle, Stallings Island Middle, and Riverside Middle