Summer School Overview
- All summer school courses will be in-person at Lakeside High School
- Summer School Dates: June 1, 2021- July 8, 2021 (Monday-Thursday)
- Graduation: July 8th, 5 p.m. at LHS Gymnasium
- 1st period (7:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m.) 2nd period (9:05 a.m.-10:35 a.m.) 3rd Period (10:40 a.m.-12:10 p.m.)
- Summer school courses are offered for remediation only. However, trailer math courses will be offered.
- Courses offered in summer school will depend upon the demand and availability of certified teachers.
- All students must be at the stop prior to the arrival of the bus.
- All middle and high school code of conduct rules and regulations apply to summer school bus transportation.
- Eating or drinking on the bus is not allowed with the exception of water in a plastic bottle.
- Transportation is not provided to and from a student's residence.
The parents that typically use the Edulog school bus tracking app to follow their child's bus, will need use District/Registration Code: 31581219.
This is a different code from what is used during the school year. Users will need to go into the app, click on the district's button at the bottom of the screen, click on the “+” symbol at the top right corner to add this code.
For training material on how to use the school bus tracker app, CLICK HERE.
- All Columbia County School District students will register online using the following links:
- Evans High
- Greenbrier High
- Grovetown High
- Harlem High
- Lakeside High
- Columbia Middle
- Evans Middle
- Greenbrier Middle
- Grovetown Middle
- Harlem Middle
- Lakeside Middle
- Riverside Middle
- Stallings Island Middle
- Registration for all students will begin on Monday, May 3rd, and end on May 26th.
- Classes are limited and registration is first-come, first-served. Payments must be made at the time of registration.
- Only three (3) course segments for a total of 1.5 Carnegie units may be taken in summer school.
- Classes are filled in the order of receipt of registration form and payment. Requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Summer school is not open to students outside of the Columbia County School District.
- MASTERCARD, VISA, and DISCOVER CARD are accepted via RevTrak (Preferred Payment Option).
- https://ccboe.revtrak.net/high-schools/ (select high school, select summer school)
- Cash, money order, cashier’s check, or personal checks payable to the school of registration. Schools will set a date to drop-off cash/check payments for summer school. Check the school website for the date to drop-off cash/check payments for summer school.
- Currently enrolled Columbia County Students: $80 per ½ Carnegie Unit
- $80 will be refunded if the student receives a 70 or higher as a final course grade.
- Courses that do not meet the minimum enrollment will be cancelled and refunds will be issued.
- Students dropping a course after June 2nd will not receive a refund.
Summer School Calendar
Summer School is in Session Monday-Thursday.
June 1, 2021
First day of Summer School
June 2, 2021
Last Day to Withdraw and Receive Full Refund
June 17, 2021
Midterm – Grade Reports Available on Parent Portal
July 8, 2021
Last Day of Summer School
Summer School Rules
Identification: For identification purposes and media center usage, students must wear their home school identification badge at all times
- Transportation: The Transportation Department will provide a schedule of times and pick-up/drop-off locations. For questions regarding bus transportation, contact the Department of Transportation at 706-541-2729.
- Parking Permits: Please bring a copy of a CURRENT DRIVERS LICENSE, VEHICLE REGISTRATION, and INSURANCE to Lakeside High on the first day of school and a parking permit will be issued.
- Dress Code/Behavior: Summer School DOES have a dress code that is ENFORCED. Details are in the student handbook. Student expectations and consequences for behavior and dress are outlined in the CCSD Code of Conduct for all middle and high school students during summer school.
- Attendance: A MAXIMUM of two (2) days of absence per class is allowed; NO EXCEPTIONS. Prior approvals are not granted and exams are not given early. A student will be withdrawn with no refund on the 3rd day of absence. Emergencies do arise, so plan accordingly.
- Cafeteria: To-go bag lunches will be available for students at the end of the third period.
- Loitering: All students must leave campus after the conclusion of their last class.