Evans High Class of 1983 Alumni Donation (Click Here)
September 26, 2023
Evans High School Class of 1983 Alumni Donation
The Evans High School Class of 1983 held their 40th class reunion in August, 2023. The Class of 1983 planning committee collected donations from members to host the event. Remaining funds after the reunion were donated by the class to the Columbia County School District Foundation. Members of the class' planning committee presented the donation to the Board of Education.
Members include: Tammy Shepherd, Doug Hemingway, Jan Wiggins, Jeff Dowdle, Alice Padgett, Phil Lee, Judy McLure, and Millie Kolinski (not pictured)
Thank you, alumni!
Foundation Trustees Recognized by Board of Education (Click Here)
These six individuals represent a variety of backgrounds and work across many business sectors. All either have graduated from the Columbia County School District and/or have children who have graduated from the district. This is a group of people with many years of combined experience serving in similar capacities for other local organizations and nonprofits.
Trustees include the following:
- Foundation Chairman - Adam Williams, Partner with The Cleveland Group.
- Foundation Vice-Chairman Stan Shepherd, Regional Director with AT&T
- Foundation Secretary - Megan Moye, Chief Marketing Officer with Meybohm
- Jonathan Samuel, President of GIW Industries
- Steve Baxter, Vice President of Pollock Company
- Wendy Perry, Principal with Katalis
Additionally, several non-voting Trustees will help advise the Foundation regarding how to best support the district.
- Lee Ann Meyer, Columbia County School District Board of Education representative
- Dr. Steve Flynt, Columbia County School District Superintendent
- Ashley Rice, Columbia County School District Foundation Coordinator, will serve as Executive Director for the Foundation
- Alex Casado, Chief Financial Officer for the Columbia County School District, will serve as the Treasurer for the Foundation.
Thank you to our Trustees for the time and energy you have already spent and will spend, helping to support and grow the Foundation! For more information about the Foundation, or to make a tax-deductible donation, click here.